Click HERE to download an application. Print out and bring your completed application to your closest More Than Words location:
More Than Words Warehouse Bookstore
242 East Berkeley Street, 2nd Floor
Boston, MA 02118
More Than Words Bookstore & Café
376 Moody Street
Waltham, MA 02453
Q. What is More Than Words?
A. More Than Words (MTW) is a youth led online and retail bookstore and café that provides paid employment for youth to prepare for meaningful jobs and college! We support youth to develop and implement plans for the future including education, housing and career plans.
Q. Who works at More Than Words?
A. The youth who work at More Than Words are:
• Between the ages of 16 and 21
• Involved with the foster care system, court involved, out-of-school or homeless
• Are ready to use the opportunities and additional support not typically found at other businesses
Q. What would I do at More Than Words?
A. You would receive training to:
• Process and ship book orders over the Internet
• Manage the register and sections of the bookstore while providing excellent customer service
• Plan and oversee events such as our monthly open mic night
• Manage the café and serve customers
• Facilitate meetings, lead your peers during shift and training new co-workers
• Prepare for future jobs by practicing your interviewing skills and creating a resume and cover letter
• Set goals for your future and work on action steps to take charge of your life
Q. What happens after I complete More Than Words?
A. More Than Words can help you transition on to a meaningful education or employment pathway such as:
• Education: College for America, Foundation Year, Year Up, JVS – Pharmacy Technician
• Employment: Jobs in the Retail and Hospitality industry including bookstores, cafes, banks, hotels and hospitals.
• More Than Words also provides additional support for two years after working at the bookstore and café to help you continue to meet your goals in education and employment!
|Donate Now!||About Us||Locations||Donate Books||Get Involved||News & Links||Referrals & Applications|